Oh please be September already...

Erm. 

So no, I haven't caved.  But.... I may have to.  The only reason and THE only reason is that they are such a good deal and I have wanted them all year and they would be so perfect for the Autumn and they will only go up in price if I don't get them. 

I loved my shirts last year however I did not love ironing them.  At. All. 

So these layering shirts from Me+Em in a jersey, which I featured once or twice last year are, to me, a no brainer.  A must for everyone and anyone who is planning on wearing a shirt under a jumper or sweatshirt this A/W.  I'm thinking of jumper dresses with these underneath as they're far less bulky than a normal shirt.  And did I mention they'd need marginal (which to me means no) ironing? 

They're now in the sale - they are ridiculously reduced and at this price, I couldn't not do a swifty blog on them.  Ok so I'm thinking these count as basics which means they "don't" count.  I also need to buy a new hoover and a new microwave and in my book, I'm thinking these are about as exciting a purchase as those, surely?  I mean, you couldn't wear these on their own really, they're only actually suitable for layering so that practically makes them underwear.  Which definitely doesn't count as a purchase and therefore doesn't break any spending ban......

Right?........

Layering Shirt in White was £68 now £20.40



And in white and chambray with 80% off - this would be just perfect under navy, black, white or grey. 

Layering Shirt in white and chambray was £68 now £13.60




And this one - well who doesn't need a staple white shirt to go under a black or navy blazer.  The perfect foil for a print jacket for the Autumn.  As ideal with jeans and trainers for the day and dressed up for the evening over capri pants or tucked into a leather skirt. 

Jersey Tuxedo Shirt in White at 70% off - was £98 now £29.40 



And whilst you're there, don't blame if you go and have a look at the rest of their new stock.  I bought a Swing dress from there last year which I cannot wait to wear again.  Excellent quality although not the cheapest.  But mine is a unique and timeless style and was my Christmas Day dress so I felt justified. 

Last couple of photos from hols - actually only one as I'm late for lunch. 
image

Breton top - H&M
Midnight boucle jacket - Zara
Saxby boyfriend jeans - ASOS
White sliders - River Island 

We're off to lunch now - new Thai restaurant which we're rather obsessed with and then I need to sleep.  I also need to not be near my children for a while.  Two weeks 24/7 with them has finally taken its toll - I won't lie - the journey on my own *almost* finished me off, only to get home and find that The Husband's lunch had overrun.  Till 11pm....... You can all hear me running for my credit card now, can't you?

Share this:

CONVERSATION

13 comentarios:

  1. LOL that's what flexible friends are for! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine's so flexed I think his back is about to break.......

      Delete
  2. I love the chambray collar one, reminds me a bit of the way bodysuits look, that really sleek look when layering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab idea! I still haven't joined the white shirt club but think these are such a good idea & will be much warmer too! Thermals with collars n cuffs!! Ax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!! you need a white shirt - everyone needs a white shirt!

      Delete
  4. My short list is evolving but I'm working on the first draft for tomorrow....xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea. I love them. I don't want to spend any money at the mo. Thanks very much. I adore the photo of you. I wish N took a picture of me without camera wobble! Perhaps it is her guffaws of laughter? Shh I am trying to pose. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah there are normally many that are totally unuseable believe me. And when the 7or6 yr old take them oh my lord, it's like they were on a bouncy castle at the time, bless them.

      These are basics - they don't count as spending. x

      Delete
  6. "I also need to not be near to my children for a while"........been there....several times!!! You gotta love a white shirt :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still there - still haven't spend a min away from them....!!!

      Delete
  7. I don't have a single 'proper' shirt in my wardrobe as I have always found them painfully uncomfortable since my school days being forced to wear them and tuck them in AND wear under a jumper with a tie. That's not the kind of layering I like!
    But I love the look of a collar under a sweater or a tunic dress so you have literally made my season!!! I bought the chambray collar Me + Em layering shirt and cannot wait for it to arrive (damn bank holiday and 2nd class standard delivery!!). Such a bargain at about £13 and as I signed up to their mailing list I got a free standard delivery voucher which annoyingly I didn't see until AFTER I had ordered but means I have to order something else now right?!.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. er yes - DEFFO!!!! It won't be hard - their stuff is absolutely stunning. I'm gutted the chambray collar one was sold out in my size. x

      Delete